RF Fundamentals,Basic Concepts and Components – RAHRF101
Welcome to the first course of the RF certificate series. In this topic we are going to explain the basic concepts of RF design in a simplest way possible. The audience for the RF basic course are electrical engineers, technicians, sales engineers and other employees of an RF-related company who want to have general idea of RF basic concepts. At the end of this course you will have a general knowledge of the fundamental topics discussed in RF industry. This is a great crash course for people who have interviews and need to a refresher on the RF topic within a few hours and go from zero knowledge to having a general understanding of most topics.
One of the most important things for us to have the most updated materials needed in the industry. Ahsan Ghoncheh, our Co-Founder and Technical Adviser, consults with different RF engineers at Broadcomm, Qualcomm, Apple and Skyworks on building practical curriculum and topics that are needed and in demand in the industry. So instead of going the academic approach, we are going to an industry approach.
I want to thank you for choosing Rahsoft and trusting us. Please feel free to contact us. We are truly excited and grateful to be going with you on this journey to becoming an RF expert. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Instructor: Ata Sarrafi
Advisor: Ahsan Ghoncheh firstname.lastname@example.org
Section1:IntroductionAn introduction to Rahsoft and the instructor
What are the requirements?
- This course itself is the prerequisite for the RF Certificate of Rahsoft
- This course is made to be as simple as possible for students to get the basics before jumping into complicated topics in the coming RF courses.
What am I going to get from this course?
- This is a very basic fundamentals of RF, The main purpose of this course is to simply without providing any formulas or engineering skills provide the basic knowledge and topics needed in the RF field. At the end of this course you would have a general idea of Radio Frequency and related topics and components used day to day on this topic. This course briefly explains the topics without getting deep into each discussion just to have the student get a general idea.
- The student can then choose to go toward the RF Certificate provided by Rahsoft which in there we would be going deep into the topics by providing hand on design and examples from the industry. At the end of the certificate the student would have a complete knowledge of RF as well as some actual simulations such as Power Amplified Design to add to his resume. Again this would be for a person who would be taking all 15 courses which starts with this course as the first one.
What is the target audience?
- Prerequisite for students planning to get Rahsoft RF Certificate which is a complete RF course package directing students from basic or zero knowledge in RF to becoming an Expert in the Radio Frequency Industry .
- This course is set for professionals working in the Radio Frequency and Communication industry whom need to have a general idea of RF in order to understand main topics at work.
- Undergraduate Electrical Engineering Students
- Sales Engineers in the RF Industry
- Project managers in the RF Industry
- Test Engineers in the RF Industry
- RF Technicians
Curriculum For This Course
Transceiver , Transmitter, Receiver
Low Noise Amplifies
VCO and Oscillators
Phase Lock Loop
Radio Frequency Certificate Courses Available and Prerequisites
- Lectures 40
- Quizzes 28
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 6152
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- 1.1.1 What is Radio Frequency ?
- Quiz: T01_L01_P01
- 1.1.2 Frequency VS Application
- Quiz : T01_L01_P02
- 1.2.1 Noise in Radio Frequency
- Quiz : T01_L02_P01
- 1.2.2 Signal to Noise Ration SNL
- Quiz : T01_L02_P02
- 1.3.1 V I F Z P
- 1.3.2 Power
- Quiz :T01_L03_P02
- 1.3.3 dB and dBm
- 1.3.3.Ex PdBm Example
- 1.4.1 RF module, transmitter, receiver
- 1.4.2 RF Transceiver
- Quiz : T01_L04_P01
- 1.5.1 Antenna Basics
- Quiz : T01_L05_P01
- 1.5.2 Types of Antenna
- Quiz : T01_L05_P02
- 1.6.1 RF Filters
- Quiz : T01_L06_P01
- 1.6.1.Ex RF Filter Examples
- 1.6.2 Filter Types , Off-Chip On-Chip Filters
- Quiz : T01_L06_P02
- 1.7.1 Active Versus Passive Components in RF
- Quiz : T01_L07_P01
- 1.8.1 Low Noise Amplifier (LNA)
- Quiz : T01_L08_P01
- 1.9.1 Mixer
- Quiz : T01_L09_P01
- 1.10.1 Oscillator and Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO)
- Quiz : T01_L10_P01
- 1.11.1 Introduction to PLL Phase Lock Loop Basics
- Quiz : T01_L11_P01
- Quiz : T01_L11_P02
- 1.12.1 Introduction to Power Amplifier Basics
- Quiz : T01_L12_P01
- 1.13.1 Introduction to analog modulation
- Quiz : T01_L13_P01
- 1.13.2 Introduction to digital modulation
- Quiz : T01_L13_P02
- 1.14.1 Introduction to linearity in RF Systems
- Quiz : T01_L14_P01
- 1.15.1 Introduction to phasor in RF systems
- Quiz :T01_L15_P01
- 1.15.2 Phasor circuit example
- 1.16.1 Introduction to reflection, transmission and matching in RF systems
- Quiz : T01_L16_P01
- 1.16.2 Matching Why do we use 50 ohms?
- Quiz : T01_L16_P02
- 1.17.1 Introduction to RF attenuators
- Quiz : T01_L17_P01
- 1.18.1 Introduction to S Parameters
- Quiz : T01_L18_P01
- 1.19.1 Introduction to smith chart fundamentals
- Quiz : T01_L19_P01
- 1.20.1 what are the software used in RF? ADS, Advanced Design System by Keysight
- 1.20.2 what are the software used in RF? Cadence Design Systems , AWR from NI, CST, HFSS
- Quiz : T01_L20_P01
- 1.21.1 What are the main RF measurement and RF testing Devices?
- 1.21.2 What are software used in RF testing and automation?
- Quiz : T01_L21_P01