Course Title: RF System Design of Receivers, Transmitters & Transceivers – RAHRF409
Unlock the secrets of RF wireless systems, explore transmitter, receiver, and transceiver architectures, and gain mastery over their constituent blocks and functions. Welcome to RAHRF409, the complete course for designing RF receivers, transmitters, and transceivers.
In this comprehensive course, we delve deep into the intricacies of designing RF systems, focusing on the critical components and their unique characteristics. With a blend of theoretical insights, practical examples, and Advanced Design System (ADS) simulations, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to craft high-performance RF systems.
- RAHRF101 and RAHRF201 or a solid understanding of RF fundamentals.
- Receiver Design: Begin your journey by understanding the principles of RF receivers. Explore concepts such as down conversion, band, and channel selection, and gain insights into real-world examples like the GSM band. Dive into the critical topic of image rejection and discover the advantages and drawbacks of dual conversion receivers.
- Zero IF and Direct Conversion Receivers: Explore advanced receiver architectures, including zero intermediate frequency (IF) and direct conversion designs. Learn to overcome challenges such as LO leakage, DC offset, even-order distortion, and flicker noise. Master techniques for mitigating I/Q mismatch and implementing 90-degree phase shifts.
- Transmitter Design: Transition to the world of RF transmitters and uncover the intricacies of up-conversion. Dive into examples of analog and direct conversion transmitters. Grasp key transmitter design challenges, including carrier leakage, linearity, and oscillator pulling, and discover effective solutions to these issues.
- Transceiver Architectures: Explore the fascinating realm of RF transceivers, from Time Division Duplexing (TDD) to Frequency Division Duplexing (FDD). Understand the impact of I/Q mismatch through practical examples and delve into a detailed case study highlighting the drawbacks of direct conversion in receivers.
By the end of RAHRF409, you will have gained a profound understanding of RF systems’ design principles and their practical applications. This course is an essential stepping stone for RF design engineers, electrical engineers, communication engineers, hardware engineers, radio frequency enthusiasts, RFIC engineers, semiconductor professionals, wireless design engineers, and anyone looking to master the art of RF system design.
Please note that this course has prerequisites (RAHRF101 and RAHRF201) and is considered a core course in the Rahsoft RF Certificate program.
Who Should Enroll:
- RF Design Engineers
- Electrical Engineering Professionals
- Communication Engineers
- Hardware Engineers
- Radio Frequency Enthusiasts
- RFIC Engineers
- Semiconductor Professionals
- Wireless Design Engineers
Radio Frequency Certificate Courses Available and Prerequisites
- Lectures 62
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1066
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes